Not One, but TWO FOs this Tuesday

I finished two different projects over the last couple of days, one I have been working on for a while and one very quick one. First, the big one.

My argyle sweater is done! The sleeves are even, it’s just hanging on the hangar goofy. The back and sleeves are plain, so the front is the only patterned part. But that is enough! The pattern is Peggy Sue cardigan, designed by Anne Berk. The yarn is from the kit for the pattern from Craftsy (or Blueprint or whatever it was calling itself at the time). It is Cloudborn Highland Sport. My only modification is I changed it to a V-neck, as I don’t really like round or close necklines and it is an easy fix.

My second FO is a Mithrola necklace, design and kit by Laura Nelkin.

You can’t tell it from this picture, but it is very flashy and sparkly, because it is knitted out of chain! Unfortunately you can’t block chain (LOL) so the draped bits with the bead shift around quite a bit. I’m still wrangling with the closure, but I like it a lot. Very fun experiment!

And finally, I’m not counting this as a finish, but I did rework my Megalodon cowl. The absolute last thing I need is more cowls – there is a stack of them around the house. However, I don’t have any throw pillow covers, so…

I closed the bottom of the cowl, then unraveled half of the bindoff and knitted around an inch more of the ribbing. Then I added buttonholes and some cute fish-shaped mother of pearl buttons I had around, and ta-dah! Pillow cover! Although it probably could have used more buttons.

Since this worked out the way I hoped it would, there are a few more cowl kits that will be pillow covers in the near-ish future.

It feels so good to be finishing things, especially the argyle, which felt like it took forever. Next I will get back to my Yorlin, and to a little bit of crocheting.

How about you? What are you working on and how is it going?



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Almost to Spring!

Disco Babushka Done!

10 Years!